Material & Logistics Process Management
Process Management for Procuring Smaller Hospitals and Rehabilitation Clinics
Optimizing logistical processes in hospitals is widely discussed.
While money is being saved in the purchasing end of the process, the real opportunity for savings in the future is to be found in the process itself.
There are several approaches to optimizing processes but only a few solutions.
Our solution has proven successful since 1998:
- Simple and clear item labeling, simplified dispatching
- Reducing inventory stocks thanks to central warehouse storage
- Small quantities with no additional fees
- Product information
- Simplified booking
- Monthly invoices
- C- item management
- Consistent fixed date deliveries
|Traditional Procurement||WiSMa’s optimized logistics management|
Details for Carrying Out Process Management
- Compile a customer tailored product catalog available either electronically or in order form. The products are designated for the end-user according to each packing unit with article numbers mostly matching those of the manufacturer. This reduces the probability of product mix-ups and facilitates simplified price comparisons.
- Capital committed to storage is a topic much discussed in numerous industries at the moment. We closely collaborate with our partners to determine which products are to be stored in our central warehouse in order to free up more of our partner’s tied up capital while also guaranteeing continuous supply chains. This allows our partners to pre-determine minimal and target inventory levels. This synergetic utilization of the University Medical Center Freiburg central storage facility along with our storage capacity makes us one of the largest medical supply storage centers for hospitals in southern Baden.
- Order picking for packing units, as a part of the medical full service package, reduces the amount of additional tied up capital. Additional fees for minimum orders as well as extra packaging and delivery costs are no longer needed. The minimum order quantity is often the single item. That means that both money and space are being saved.
- Regular training for users conducted in cooperation with our partners and parent company, the University Medical Center Freiburg, ensures that users are kept up-to-date in the handling of disposable medical products.
- Many hospitals employ an accounting system that requires users to supplement supplier invoices. We assign each article to the specific hospital relevant criterion (e.g. account, cost center) in order to eliminate the need for this time consuming supplementing.
- End of the month invoice settlements free up capacity for the accounting staff. Now only one process is required instead of having to process each invoice from various suppliers. Time is money!
- Many materials are either rarely needed or only in very small quantities. Processing these orders generates little revenue while increasing the processing costs compared to those required for procuring B or A items whose item master data is already available. Our item C management reduces your processing costs. By outsourcing C item disposition, purchasers can dedicate more time to negotiating with suppliers about A and B items.
- Our special delivery services ensure fixed delivery dates and enable our partners to schedule their activities in advance. Our delivery services also minimize the inconvenience and hassle of return deliveries for our partners.